Fellowships for research on “The Epistemic Responsibilities of the University”
The Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam offers four € 17,500 fellowship grants for work on “The Epistemic Responsibilities of the University”. This is the topic of a large grant from the Templeton World Charity Organization. The fellowships are open to candidates of all nationalities who expect to receive their PhD by the time of the appointment or who have already received their PhD. It is expected that candidates will stay for some time in Amsterdam.
The fellowships can start any time between September 2017 and January 2019.
UPDATE: WE WILL NOTIFY ALL APPLICANTS OF OUR DESCISION BEFORE JUNE 1ST, 2017.
Possible topics of research are:
- The epistemic values the university should aim to uphold, and how they relate to other values that the university should honor;
- Academic integrity;
- How to inculcate wisdom through academic teaching;
- How to inculcate ‘the art of judgment’ through academic teaching;
- The epistemic relevance and status of (any of) the humanities.
We welcome applications that consist of:
- a letter of interest;
- a cv;
- a 2,000 word research proposal.
Applications must be send by May 15, 2017 to Mrs Irma Verlaan.
For more information on the content of the research proposal/ project please contact:
For more information on our application procedure, please contact Irma Verlaan.